Friday, January 20, 2012

This Is Long Over Due

I'm editing. This makes me want to chop off my own head. Don't worry, I'm not suicidal. 


I'm starting to wonder if my story is as cheesy and annoying as I think it is, or if I've read it way too many times. I'm opting for the later. Because it makes me feel better. I want to be done editing. Right. Now.

I have four chapters left. Then another manuscript to get returned.

I just got another email concerning said missing manuscript. It said, 'I read half of it. It got stowed away and I forgot about it. I'm really sorry. I will finish it. Still, so sorry.' I'm like, 'whatevs.'

Seriously, I gave away six manuscripts last May and I've got two back. I got a definite 'hate it' on the one and other other one I've still got four chapters left to look over. So, it's doesn't really matter. It's all fruitless.

I mean, my own mother never read her own copy. Again, whatevs.

One day.... I will be done editing. And that will be a happy day.

2 comments:

ashley tahg said...

I'd love to read your work! And I PROMISE I would read it, and not let it sit in my inbox! *chuckle*

Keep your head high, writer, and remember, not everyone has the keys (and lock!) to the doors of imagination!

Unknown said...

My mom never read my story either... she doesn't have time to read and she doesn't enjoy reading. What I'm doing instead is I'm making an audiobook of my novel for her to listen to in the car. Not only will she be able to hear my story, but reading aloud helps tremendously with the editing process.

Believe in yourself! The editing is almost over!
(oh, and if you're wondering who I am- I'm Mia's friend- I did NaNoWriMo for the first time this year)